The 10-mile Overland Park portion starts at Foxhill South Park, 109th and El Monte, and follows Indian Creek south and west to Forest Creek Park, 125th and Pflumm.
A connecting link continues south along Quivira Road toward the Tomahawk Creek Trail via 127th and Nieman.
Generally, the trail is level and flat; it is paved, approximately 10 feet wide with mile markers every half mile. There are some steep grades for short sections:
· South of Indian Creek between Nall and Lamar
· Near 105th and Conser
· Along Interstate 435, west of Antioch
· Other sections where the trail approaches streets or bridges.
There are no emergency phones along the trail, however, there are pay phones at some parks.
All types of non-motorized bicycles can be used on the trail; dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
The trail is wheelchair accessible and all trail heads have accessible parking and access to the trail.
Parking is available at seven parks and one recreation center:
· Switzer Park , 138th and Switzer
· Foxhill South , 109th and El Monte
· Foxhill North , Indian Creek Parkway and Roe (behind Suburban Lawn and Garden)
· Roe , 105th and Roe
· Indian Creek Recreation Center , 103rd and Marty
· Corporate Woods Founders ', 9711 W 109th St
· Indian Valley , 116th and Knox
· Quivira , 119th and Quivira
There are more than 35 miles of paved trails that include the: